See Critical Thinking In The Nursing Process In Appendix C
This innovative text uses concrete examples and hands-on exercises to help students clearly understand and apply the steps of the nursing process to today's rapidly changing healthcare environment. Moving beyond step-by-step instructions, NURSING PROCESS AND CRITICAL THINKING, 5/e encourages students to think about each part of the nursing process and use critical thinking to make better clinical decisions. Balancing practical and conceptual aspects of the nursing process, this edition includes an expanded interactive format, new Take Away Points, What do You Know, and Think About It features and a student resourceswebsite to help students begin to think like a nurse.
1. Overview of Nursing Process
2. Critical Thinking
4. Diagnostic Reasoning
5. Diagnostic Language
6. Planning: Overview and Outcomes
7. Planning: Interventions
10. Creating a Plan of Care
APPENDIX A: ANSWER KEYS
APPENDIX B: ANA CODE OF ETHICS FOR NURSES WITH INTERPRETATIVE STATEMENTS
APPENDIX C: MULTIDISCIPLINARY (COLLABORATIVE) PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH DISEASES AND OTHER PHYSIOLOGICAL DISORDERS
APPENDIX D: MULTIDISCIPLINARY (COLLABORATIVE) PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH SURGICAL TREATMENTS
1. Scriven M, Paul R. (n.d.). Defining critical thinking. Retrieved February 23 2013, from //www.critical-thinking.org/University/univclass/Defining.Html .
2. Scheffer BK, Rubenfeld MG. A consensus statement on critical thinking in nursing. Journal of Nursing Education. 2000;39:352–359.[PubMed]
3. Papathanasiou I, Kotrotsiou S, Bletsa V. Nursing documentation and recording systems of nursing care. Health Science Journal. 2007;1(4)
4. Facione P. Millbrae, CA: California Academic Press; 1990. Critical thinking:A statement of expert consensus for purpose of educational assessment and instruction.
5. Facione P. Milbrae CA: California Academic Press; 1998. Critical Thinking:What it is and why it counts.
6. Alfaro-Lefevre R. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders; 1999. Critical Thinking in Nursing:A practical approach.
7. Bandman EL, Baundman G. East Norwalk. CT: Appleton &Lange; 1998. Critical Thinking in Nursing.
8. Paul R, Elder L. Santa Rosa, CA: Foundation for Critical Thinking; 1999. The miniature guide to critical thinking:Concepts and tools.
9. Paul R, Elder L. Upper Saddle. River. NJ: Prentice Hall Health; 2000. Critical thinking:Tools for taking charge of your learning and your life.
10. Lunney M, editor. Philadelphia: North American Nursing Diagnosis Association; 2001. Critical Thinking and Nursing Diagnoses:case studies &analyses.
11. Schuster PM. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis; 2002. Concept mapping:A critical thinking approach to care planning.
12. Paul RW. Santa Rosa, CA: Foundation for Critical Thinking; 1995. Critical thinking:How prepare students for a rapidly changing world.
13. Wilkinson JM. 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River. NJ: Prentice Hall Health; 2001. Nursing process and critical thinking.
14. Kourkouta L, Papathanasiou IV. Communication in Nursing Practice. Mater Sociomed. 2014;26(1):65–67.[PMC free article][PubMed]
15. Benner PE, Hooper-Kyriakidis PL, Stannard D. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders; 1999. Clinical wisdom and interventions in critical care:A thinking-in-action approach.
16. Locsin R.C. The dilemma of decision –making processing thinking critical to nursing. Holistic Nursing Practice. 2001;15(3):1–3.[PubMed]
17. Oermann M.H. Critical thinking, critical practice. Nursing Managemen. 1999;30(4):40. C-D, 40F, 40H-I. [PubMed]
18. Dillon Beach, CA: Author: 2001. Foundation for Critical Thinking. Critical thinking:Basic theory and instructional structure.
19. Botes A. Critical thinking by nurses on ethical issues like the terminations of pregnancies. Curationis: South African Journal of Nursing. 2000;23(3):26–31.[PubMed]
20. Green CJ. Upper Saddle River. NJ: Prentice Hall Health; 2000. Critical thinking in nursing :Case studies across the curriculum.
21. Pesut D.J, Herman J. Albany, NY: Delmar; 1999. Critical reasoning:The art and science of critical and creative thinking.
22. Raingruber B, Haffer A. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis; 2001. Using your head to land on your feet: A beginning nurse's guide to critical thinking.
23. Nicoteri J.A. Critical thinking skills. American Journal of Nursing. 1998;98(10):62–64.[PubMed]
24. Di vito T.P. Identifying critical thinking behaviors in clinical judments. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development. 2000;15:174–180.[PubMed]
25. Chan ZC. A systematic review of critical thinking in nursing education. Nurse Education Today. 2013;33(3):236–240.[PubMed]
26. Simpson E, Courtney M. Critical Thinking in Nursing Education:Literature review. International Journal of Nursing Practice. 2002;8:89–98.[PubMed]
27. Papathanasiou IV, Tsaras K, Sarafis P. Views and Perceptions of Nursing Students on their Clinical Learning Environment:Teaching and Learning. Nurse Education Today. 2014;34(1):57–60.[PubMed]