Essay On Role Of Youth In Environment Conservation
As we saw in the past, there are many more rules, laws, conventions are made for protecting the environment but there is no effective implementation . For this implementation youth play a vital role.
Young people constitute a large part of the world’s population and young people will have to live longer with the consequences of current environmental decisions than will their elders. Future generations will also be affected by these decisions and the extent to which they have addressed concerns such as the depletion of resources, biodiversity loss, and long-lived radioactive wastes.
Young people can play an active role in protecting and improving the environment. They can change their lifestyle and how it affects the environment. They can make their homes, schools and youth organizations more environmentally friendly by adopting environmentally friendly practices, recycling of different materials as well as preserving resources such as water and electricity. Engaging youth in environmental protection not only creates direct impact on changing youth behaviors and attitudes, but possibly influence their parents, relatives and families.
Youth are back bone of the nation. They can change the future of the society with their well being and courageous behavior. Unfortunately today we find the youth those who are more interested in other places which are not useful to them as well as nationally. They choose to spend their days doing drugs and playing video games. They spend their nights partying and living it up, so to speak. More and more young men of this age group are sitting at home in front of their televisions playing games all day instead of bettering themselves or going to work. They have no vision and if they do have dreams they do not have the drive to make any attempt at achieving them.
The environment is simply defined as our surrounding, including both living and non-living things and youth are the young people. Environmental protection is a broad subject Environmental problems are rising day by day and everyone is concerned about global warming and climate change as globally but local and national environmental problems are less concerned. Protecting the environment starts with pollution control therefore, youth can help reduce waste by paying attention to minor details in their daily lives, for example, not to take extra plastic bags when we go shopping. Actually there are many other tips for greener environment.
By applying the greening knowledge at home and schools, we can help to market city, a greener city. Discarding computers, electrical appliances and rechargeable batteries can seriously harm the environment. Youth role is to implement recycling programs for used computers and electrical appliances. You can arrange for collection services with them. There are also many collection points for recycling of rechargeable batteries, so do not simply throw them away. Youth have a role to play in environmental and conservation efforts that will improve livelihoods.
Going Green In House
- Close the running tap water, when not needed.
- Use the dishwasher, when the dishes are full. Try to avoid using it more often i.e. for each single plate.
- Try to be cautious in using water. Turn off taps when not used. By this way, it is estimated every home can save more than a gallon of water, which is very high when combined in a local.
- Turning off Lights and saving electricity as much as possible is also a way to go green. During the daytime, it is good to open windows and screens to let sunlight in and fill house with warmth. After all, sunlight is essential for body in the form of vitamin A.
- The local power company would be able to provide a free presentation on how to make the home a better energy efficient home.
Going Green with Recycling and Reusing
- Giving away unwanted or unusable materials to free service organizations is a better way to start going green.
- Reusing the furniture would save some extra money spent on newer furniture. For example, one can remodel a table by adding sheets of wood to it and create his own wardrobe.
- Recycling paper, plastics, glass and metals could also be done by making use of the local trash pickup service.
- Instead of simply throwing older items, one can use his creativity in creating the essence out of them. For example, the older screen cloth could be stitched with flat sheets and made as curtains or cloth piece covering the shades of the lamp. They are easy and cheap in terms of interior decorating materials.
- Choosing reusable water bottles in comparison with plastic bottles every month is a nice way to avoid using plastics and reusing the water bottles. They may be expensive at the beginning, but once getting used to it, they would prove worthy providing health and hygiene besides going green.
Going Green with Transport
- Carpooling or vehicle pooling is the best way to save environment from three or four times the pollution. Carpooling can be done with friends, neighbors, or relatives working in the same direction as yours, not necessarily the same company.
- Maintaining the vehicle regularly and providing it for service near a service station would help minimize its pollution output.
- Many companies have started offering the plan 'Work while you are at home'. Enjoying this benefit not only saves green, but also enables one to spend quality time together in a family and allowing to save costs of travelling and fuel.
These are some of the going green tips. Following them will give a healthy and wealthy life.
I hope these going green tips are useful to you and that they will help you to make your life better
My role in protecting the environment
We live in a world where people no longer care about their surroundings, yet we need a healthy environment to survive. We need to protect the environment to prevent several illnesses and preserve the ecosystem for our future generation. We all have a role to play to protect the environment. As a young person, I feel it is my duty to make better decisions to protect the environment by taking practical actions. I believe that young people are the backbone of the nation; therefore, we have the power to change the future of our society. Spending time on activities that do not add value to our future like taking drugs, playing video games or partying the whole day will not help me in future. That is why I prefer spending my time creating awareness in the community about planting trees and saving our water catchment areas.
Protecting the environment starts with everyone. We need to control pollution by paying attention to minor detail in our lives; these include using what we need, these include closing the running tap of water when brushing our teeth. As part of my duty to protect the environment, I will be cautious in using water this means by using water efficiently I can save more than a gallon of water daily. I will also use energy effectively by turning off lights to save electricity or using alternative energy sources from available resources like the sun. During the day, I will open windows to use sunlight instead of turning on the lights.
Many people are aware of the importance of protecting the environment, but not everyone is willing to take any steps towards reducing air or water pollution caused by human activities. Saving the environment does not require a lot of effort, we can engage in simple activities as if planting trees in our backyard .Trees plays a critical role in cleaning the air. Trees release oxygen into the air by absorbing carbon. The fore the more trees we plant, the better our air will be. That why I have made it a habit of planting trees every two months to save the environment.
If we fail to protect our environment, the weather condition will get worse, and we will be destroying our future existence. All the natural resources we rely on for water, air, and trees will be depleted making them scarce. Our children will not have the opportunity to admire the natural beauty of the earth. Imagine living in a place without clean air to breathe life will be unbearable, a healthy ecosystem is important not only for us, but also for our future generation and the entire human race to exist in future. That is why it is my duty to protect the environment by taking simple steps at individual levels rather than wait for the government to intervene.
Currently, I am a member of the forest club in my community, because I want to create awareness of the importance of trees because we are losing a million trees that can help clean the air. Part of my advocacy campaign is to encourage people to avoid buying products from companies that fail to comply with the required environmental standards. Most pollution comes from industries causing negative effects to humans. It has always been my dream make the world a better place, which I can achieve by doing simple things like planting more trees and conserving water, so far I am proud of what I have been able to accomplish so far.