Critical Thinking Building Thinking Skills Book 1
This engaging 376-page book develops critical thinking skills necessary for success in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and standardized tests in Grades 2-3. The Building Thinking Skills® series is the bestselling thinking skills program in the world! The engaging, highly-effective activities are developmentally sequenced. Each skill (for example, classifying) is presented first in the semi-concrete figural-spatial form and then in the abstract verbal form. Students also learn important academic vocabulary, concepts, and skills as they analyze relationships between objects, between words, and between objects and words by:
- Observing, recognizing, and describing characteristics
- Distinguishing similarities and differences
- Identifying and completing sequences, classifications, and analogies
These processes help students develop superior thinking and communication skills that lead to deeper content learning in all subjects.
- Describing shapes
- Figures: compare/describe/copy/enlarge/divide
- Diagrams: overlapping classes/Venn/branching/cycle
- Mental pattern folding/symmetry
- Directionality/Position in space
- Mental rotation/reflection/tumbling/stacking/folding of 2-D objects
- Analogies: size/color/orientation/detail
- Visual motor integration and memory
- Use of graphic organizers
- Spelling/Vocabulary/Writing: describing things and words
- Following and writing 1-, 2-, and 3-step directions
- Analogies: kind of/part of/used to/association/action
- Deductive/Inductive reasoning
- Parts of a whole
- Map reading
- Writing directions
- Logic: if-then/yes-no/true-false
- Orientation: person/place/time
- Auditory memory
- Language acquisition
Activities are modeled to reinforce skills and concepts. An answer guide is now included, however, a separate Instruction/Answer Guide is also available but is not required. The optional teaching guide includes objectives and focus questions that reinforce analytical skills. See components sold separately above for ordering information about the separate, optional Instruction/Answer Guide.
North Carolina Case Study
Building Thinking Skills
Building Thinking Skills, Book 1 by Sandra Black; Howard Blackby Sandra Black; Howard Black | PB | AcceptableBuilding Thinking Skills, Book 1 by Sandra Black; Howard Black A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. Pages can include considerable notes-in pen or highlighter-but the notes ...
Building Thinking Skills Level 3 Figural, CompleteThe cover has curled corners. There is a crease or fold on the cover. The pages are in Good condition but show signs of gentle use! There is light highlighting or handwriting through out the book. The...
Building Thinking Skills, Level 1, Grades 2-3Cover has some rubbing and edge wear. Access codes, CD's, and other accessories may not be included. All items ship Mon-Fri. Disc(s) resurfaced with a professional-grade machine. Case shows moderate t...
Building Thinking Skills, Book 1 by Sandra Black; Howard Blackby Sandra Black; Howard Black | PB | GoodBuilding Thinking Skills, Book 1 by Sandra Black; Howard Black A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wea...
Building Thinking Skills, Level 3 Verbal by Howard B...This exceptional skill set provides a solid foundation for academic excellence and success on any assessment test. Develops vocabulary, reading, mathematical reasoning, and analytical skills. The acti...
Building Thinking Skills Level 2 and Answer GuideTheBuilding Thinking Skills Level 2 Book is printed in b&w. Helps develop critical thinking skills for reading, writing, math, and science. Allows up to 35 copies per page per school year.